This is a request for a new feature (or on information at to if feature exists)
Currently the validator will create an error associated with the property being validated ie. <html:error property="name"/>. I would like to also set a generic error to point user to the specific error i.e: <html:error property="genericErr"/>

genericErr would say something like "see below for error".

I would assume in validation.xml this generic error would be related to form although it can also be specific to a field and set only when field is in error condition i.e:
<form name="xxForm">
<genericError property="genericErr">
<arg0 key="error.below"/>
</genericError>