Guess it depends on timelines etc.

We can spend the rest of the week checking on these bits, and I can build
an rc2 at the weekend for checking, or I can go ahead and build an rc2
tomorrow night and we can spend the week checking?

Apart from Wednesday nights I'm pretty good for time and I've been staying
out of the way from the recent changes so I'll have the mental energy to
update the release-notes etc. No matter what we decide, I'll start
updating the changelog/release-notes tomorrow night.

Hen