If Lang itself did not build under 1.2, I'd think it is bad. I don't think
we can trust a Lang that builds under 1.4 to necessarily work on all
platforms.

Currently the tests use the classes to build. Probably they should run
against the built jar so a 1.2 built jar can be tested comfortably under
1.2, 1.3 and 1.4.

If Tests fail under 1.2 for some reason, I figure it's not so bad if we
understand why [ie it is a 1.3/1.4] feature, and we can just use
SystemUtils to protect the test and it will effectively build.

If the tests don't build under 1.2, as is currently the case, I think it's
the same as Lang not building. It's in need of a fix.

My view :)

Hen