--- Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Religion.
>
> While in my own code I used to be quite open in terms of allowing lots of
> things, Lang is helping to make me think more defensively when code will
> be used by other people. For example I no longer make methods public if I
> don't think they should be private/protected, I actually use the
> anonymous/package scope.
>
> Anyways. Offering the CharSet seemed to be too much like showing the
> implementation to the user and a particular religion to be obeyed, so I
> was quite happy for it to be hidden.

Sorry if I am being dense here, but isn't CharSet already exposed? Its
constructor is protected, but the public factory method
CharSetUtils.evaluate can be used to create instances.  Am I missing
something?  I must be really missing the point, since to me it seems that
having the CharSetUtils methods take strings or string[]s in the internal
"set notation" is actually showing/depending on more internal
implementation detail than just having them take the encapsulated objects
(CharSets).

I think that I am missing something basic.  Sorry if these are stupid
questions.

Phil