Howdy,
One way to do it would be to post an enhacenment request and bugzilla
and attach your patch (with any relevant files, e.g. unit tests) to the
bugzilla item.  Committers review this list periodically, and certainly
before every release.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.