in-line comment

Names are important and as far as package names, I've always felt that
naming a package "util" was a cop out:

When see lang.util I /would like/ to think "Common useful stuff that the
rest of lang re-uses". But that does not make much sense, because such code
should really be in the root .lang with sub-packages reusing .lang.
(Guideline I like: It is ok for sub-packages to import from "above" but not
the other way around) +, when I actually look in a lot of .util type of
packages, (not a flame, but constructive criticism) like lang.util I feel
like "Well, here's a bunch of unrelated stuff (Validate, Ids) that was
lumped under the rug over here".

So, to make a long story short:

+1 on (4).