i lost interest since it became clear that the original use i wanted to make of the code (in beanutils) wasn't going to happen.

i've now become interested in the possibility of using reflection for unit tests of (for example) gui components. it's common to want to code these fairly tightly. some of the code in there which (given the right security environment) gives the sort of clean clear interface that's needed for unit tests. so maybe i'll find some time to revisit [reflect].

- robert

On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 02:00 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

[reflect] is intended to take the current stalled [lang.reflect] code and
make it a separate project. This would include reflection (with method
caching) and maybe C# style features.

Stephen

----- Original Message -----
From: "__matthewHawthorne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
What's the status of the sandbox component [clazz]?   I believed this to
be a project including reflection utilities, but I might be mistaken.
Is this a different project than what you're suggesting in [reflect]?

As far as [io] is concerned, I'm hoping to submit a patch or two this
week, mostly focusing on improving the test coverage and simplifying the
api.  Since Jeremias is on vacation for 2 weeks or so, if any committers
would keep their ears to the ground and take a look at my patches I
would appreciate it.

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

Well, we want a release that works, so if that means waiting then thats
how
it goes. Don't want to miss the boat on any books or articles or other
stuff
though.

I'm marshalling [collections] hoping for a release soon. Perhaps if
[lang]
committers want something to do, the reflect code could be broken out
into a
sandbox [reflect]? Or the [lang] sandbox could be used. Or there could be
focus on [io].

I don't want to wait too long though, as [lang] feels like it might have
the
energy to get a 2.1 in a couple of months to fill in any 2.0 gaps. Also,
want to use [lang] at work!

Stephen