Java 1.4 provides java.util.LinkedHashMap, which does what you're
describing, only with a Map.

Perhaps collections could mimic it...?

----- Original Message -----
From: "__matthewHawthorne"
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List"
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 1:06 PM
Subject: [collections] dual list/set implementation?

I recently had to write a small class which followed the contract of
java.util.List and java.util.Set... it maintained order and did not
allow duplicates.

I couldn't find such a class already in collections, did I miss it?  I
thought I remembered a discussion about this a while back.

If not, is there interest in adding this class?