On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> md5sum should be changed to md5

You could also simply use Ant's <checksum> task instead.  It can
generate md5 (and other) checksums without any native executable.

I don't think md5sum is Linux specific.  md5sum comes from the GNU
textutils AFAICS, so it probably exists as a Cygwin port and will be
available on othere OSes as well.  The md5 command on FreeBSD is
simply a different (and BSD licensed) codebase.

> gpg should be changed to pgp

No.  PGP instructions should be *added* by somebody who uses it.

Whether you use GnuPG or PGP is largely a matter of preference.  GnuPG
is Open Source.  Recent versions of both should be extremely
compatible to each other.

GnuPG runs on most any platform (including at least OpenBSD from my
personal experience, I'd be more than surprised if it didn't compile
on FreeBSD).  It certainly works on Windows or Macs ...

As for the location of keys.  I wouldn't use a key coming from a
private key ring that I don't have ultimate control over, this
certainly means that I wouldn't put my private key on any machine that
is publically accessible.

Cheers

        Stefan