The reason I don't like this is because I guess it can lead to quite some problems and it is not realy needed.

I'm thinking you are right ... its the balance of convienience vs. correctness. Certainly, no
service implementation should ever use HiveMind.getDefault() ... the BuilderFactory means they never
need to find out the registry at all. The idea was to provide a convienient place for application
code to get at the registry, to get at services.

Still, I'm now leaning in your direction (removing it); it has the potential to cause too many
problems once you introduce class loaders and the like.

Thank you! I am realy glad to hear that. And you are right static accessors are convinient, but sometimes also dangerous.

It is also good that you mentioned that a Service does not need the Registry at all. I am still a bit slow in getting used to the power of the BuilderFactory :)