Dirk Verbeeck wrote:
The last release of DBCP & pool is almost a year old now. A new one is long overdue.
Bugzilla has "Zarro Boogs found" and the threading changes are now already a month in the nightly builds with no error reports.

There are always more enhancements to be done (logging, parameter changes at runtime, XA support, pool grow rate, ...) but more and more users are asking for a stable release and I think we're ready for it.

The plan is to vote on a release next weekend and the actual release a few days later.

Please test the latest nightly build and report any problem. (or give a positive vote on the release)

I haven't tested it yet. If you could put out a RC, I could package it with future Tomcat 5.0.x builds, which should get help the new DBCP get some testing.
It would be especially useful to get a new DBCP release before Tomcat 5.0.x gets stable, so that many users can get the bugfixes.

Remy