I am a little confused now. I am confused as to what the boundaries of a service are. Is there even a distinction between a Service and a domain object? I start seeing people actually suck out the behavior of domain objects into services and have the domain object as a simple JavaBeans data object. I literally saw an example that had an Employee object which represented the database table and an EmployeeService which represented the behavior for the Employee object. To me this sounds like its against the principles of OO (assign the responsibility to the information expert). So this leads to a more basic question - what is a Service? I think we need a technical definition for Service. I thought of the Service as an interface to a subsystem / a specific function. Am I missing something?

-Harish