On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 22:25:17 +0100, "Stephen Colebourne"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> From: "Rodney Waldhoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Assuming "pcollections" is up and running (not necessarily released, but
> > with the code moved over, existing as commons proper component with
> > nightly builds and all that) before anything is removed, deprecated or
> > passed over for release from commons-collections, I think I'd support such
> > a proposal.
> All sounds OK. I've created a shell project on my PC, so we just need to
> have a vote for a new commons-proper component I guess. I've attached a
> proposal for you to check out. Let me know if you think it needs changes.
>
> > On the bikeshed side, I'm not a fan of the name "pcollections", but I
> > don't have anything better either, so I suppose that'll do.
> I don't have anything else better either.

Is there any reason why both full words couldn't be used? I'm imagining a
component called collections-primitive that involves no repackaging.  I
guess it might clash with a future primitives subpackage of collections
but that's surely not on the cards is it?

> Are you happy for the package to be pcollections?

Can't remember if its in any charter or not but my thinking is that the
package should always match the compontent name.  When the jar name also
follows suit and maintanence is so much easier for the end user.

Just more colours,

Rob