> Pietschman,
>
> I like your Decomposer API idea too. I think this is something we can
> consider as having commonalities with what I've been in discussion with
> Paul about equation solvers for integration etc. I think there's some
> room for common api's in both these cases. Do you?

The decomposition API looks quite solid and well thought out.

> -Mark
>
> p.s. I still think we will want to make decisions concerning see this
> stuff in this release vs the next release. I'm sure there are pros and
> cons to going in either direction. But, I think it important we try to
> get a release up of what we've accomplished so far, before moving too
> far forward.

I am of the opinion that everything we've been discussing should be held
over to the next release.  The functionality currently implemented by
commons-math goes far beyond what was envisioned in the project proposal.
Before going to much further, I would like to receive some user opinions
about the current API to help drive us for future functionality and
enhancements.  Also, since I'm not known to be humble, it would be nice to
be rewarded with a release after all of our hard work.

Brent Worden
http://www.brent.worden.org