Creating a descendant class of PoolableConnectionFactory is probably the best way just for the time being. But I'll keep your suggestions in mind and maybe we can add a parameter or some kind of transaction tracing in the future.

--- Dirk

Richard Bielak wrote:
Hi,

Using a read-only connection is not an option for us, because this is a read/write
connection. Inside our application
we keep track whether commit or roll back is needed. So, when connection is returned
to the pool we know that
the "rollback" is not necessary.

The easiest thing would be to add a parameter to the pool to say
"doNotRollBackOnPassivate" or some such. By default this would
be false, so that the current behavior would be in place - but we could override it if
needed.

I suppose I could create a descendant class of PoolableConnectionFactory and override just this one method...

...richie