From: Matt Cliff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 11:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Math] Commons Math Contributions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Cliff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 7:08 AM
Subject: Commons Math Contributions

>   I recently download the math commons subproject and would like to
> help out.
>
>   This is my first open source contribution effort and am looking forward
> to extending to other projects.   I have a background in Mathematics (MS
> and thesis work in Stochastic Analysis) and for the past several years
> worked as a project lead for a Java Company.
>

>   Basically,
>    (1) What is the best way to contribute?   (submit patches to this
> mailing list or through the bug tracking system?)   Also,  will the bug
> tracking a new "Math" component to the Commons project?
>
>    (2) What should I be working on?  (what do we need to do to get it to a
> 1.0 release?)   I would be more comfortable doing some 'maintenance' type
> work intially,  downstream I can offer more substantitve math  (I had
> done a bunch of work with DASSL and DASPK and their applications to
> Stochastic differential equations).
>
>    (3) Will there be a link on the
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/index.html page to the Math Compont
page?

>    (4) I added a quick type-o patch for the tasks.xml doc to see if it
> is the proper format.  (this is a cvs diff output)
>

>   looking forward to helping out.
>
> --
>       Matt Cliff
>       Cliff Consulting
>       303.757.4912
>       720.280.6324 (c)
>

>       The label said install Windows 98 or better so I installed
> Linux.

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart
Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal
prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete
this message immediately.