Wolfgang,

Can you comment on your decision to remove the dependency of Paul Houle's RngPack implementation?

I've been discussing with Paul the possibility of a establishing a consortium style "Service Provider" interface for "Research Grade" random number generators (separate from the java.security.SecureRandom API). Is this something you may have an interest in?

Also, can you possibly comment on your position and or interest concerning the possible inclusion of some parts of your codebase into Jakarta Commons Math in the possible future? That is, if our ASF licensing permits.

thanks for any response,
Mark

--
Mark Diggory
(Jakarta Commons Math Developer)

Wolfgang Hoschek wrote:
Hi,

I'm the COLT maintainer and not regularly on this list, so only saw the discussion now circumstanstially.

The latest stable release (1.1.0) is repackaged due too popular demand, eliminates license-offending packages, does not include GPL'd code anymore, and is available from a new location:

http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/colt/

FYI, the licenses are here:
http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/colt/dependencies.html

The LGPL corejava package is not essential for most parts of the library and could be dropped by sacrificing some print functionality. Similar things hold for the com.isml.math package and the concurrent lib.

CC me directly if there should me more ongoing discussion.

Wolfgang.