For the threaded model as I see interceptors are created for each core- impl. Wouldn't it be enough that interceptors wrap the proxy. This would certainly be more performant. Or maybe have interceptors under order lets say 1000 wrap the core-impl (and be created each time) and others wrap the proxy?

It think it should also be commented that InterceptorFactories should cache their interceptor-classes by service-id (as AbstractInterceptorFactory does). Otherwise you may have a memory leak. As I see the referenced example on how an InterceptorFactory uses config elements (hivemind.test.services.impl.FilterLoggingInterceptor) does not do that.