Ok, here is the pitch:
Myself and a friend are working on an open source framework based on AOM (www.adaptiveobjectmodel.com) and the DynaBean fits here really well for the underlying business object. We are using BasicDynaBeans only at the moment and naturally we are going to use them in web apps. When it comes to form processing we will be using Struts and thus the DynaActionForm, but we will also be using DynaBeans for regular views such as searches, and this is where a getMap() would be really nice.

We will also be using Jelly driven Swing apps and while Jelly's expression engine can handle regular method calls, such as ${bean.get('propName')}, it would be nice to be consistent with web apps using JSTL.

In my day job, I have subclassed BasicDynaBean to provide a getProperties() method returning a Map, but subclassing for a single method seems a bit much :-).
(getProperties() 'read' nicer in an expression to us. i.e. ${bean.properties['firstName']} )

If that isn't convincing enough, how about pretty please??? :-)

Robert

<snip>

Such a getMap() method was added to DynaActionForm (the Struts use case that extends BasicDynaBean, because ths was necessary to make DynaActionForm beans work well with the JSTL/JSP expression language. I'm not really convinced that such a method would be necessary on BasicDynaBean itself (given how easy it is to subclass and add this in your own version), but am willing to be (re)convinced.

Craig

</snip>