Unfortunately, the way I moved us out of the sandbox (Based on the directions in the Wiki) didn't maintain historical information about the files. I want to attempt to fix this by making some modifications in the cvs tree. I would like to complete the following steps directly on the cvs tree in the file system on cvs.apache.org.

1.) Back up both the jakarta-commons/math and jakarta-commons-sandbox/math cvs trees to tar balls.

2.) remove the contents of jakarta-commons/math and physically move the contents of jakarta-commons-sandbox/math into jakarta-commons/math

3.) reapply the first import and last 16 commits to the jakarta-commons/math cvs tree

I believe this should bring over the historical information. If it doesn't I will return the directories to their current state by replacing them with the contents of the backup and seek an alternate solution. Any thoughts?

-Mark