what about changing the client code that is shipped to add an extension point so that this functionality can easiliy be added? In my case I just need Explorer support so that is easily done...

Wouter

in a way that allows people to add this functionality if they wanted to, without making structure changes to the code. An extension point
David Graham wrote:

--- Wouter Denayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

Currently with client side validation, when there is an error an alert()

popup box is used to signal this to the user. By using client side DHTML

we could get pretty much the same behavior as you get when going to the server and coming back, i.e. all messages grouped together above the form + each message repeated close to the offending field. Has there been any thought of implementing this functionality in validator?

No, probably because DHTML is difficult to implement for all browsers. I agree that DHTML is pretty neat but it's way too time consuming to maintain cross browser code.

David

regards,

Wouter Denayer