On 15 Nov 2003, at 03:01, Simon Kitching wrote:
On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 12:44, robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

i don't want to get religious but it's good to have a convention (it
really helps new developers). digester source keeps the catch brackets
and the else brackets on the same line.

No problems. I wasn't aware that this *was* the convention.

no problem. we really should document this somewhere.

You did remind me, though, that I promised early on that if Plugins was
accepted as part of Digester that I would change all the proposed code
to comply with Apache conventions.

So here's a patch that does exactly that.

cool. committed.

Changes are:
*
remove trailing underscores (which I use to distinguish member variables
from locals/params. Where necessary, apply "this." to distinguish the
two.

*
change catch clause brace indentation as described above

*
change method declaration parameter/throws indentation.

*
rename "initialise" to "initialize" (british->american spelling).

bit of a moot point whether this is an convention or not. i'm in favour of leaving this up to the individual developer but i know some other people feel feel differently.

Oh and BTW, all indentation is done with spaces, not tabs. That is the
convention, isn't it? (I hate tabs....)

we all hate tabs :)

- robert