----- Original Message -----
From: "Ash .." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sounds good, I will then work on a StringBuffer replacement, and then
later on get on to providing it with an XUtils.

That way, we will also be able to optimize the subsequent

StringBufferUtils

implementation using package-private access.
I have always been a little disappointed with the facilities
java.lang.StringBuffer
offered, and now I have a chance to do something abt it :)

And now for the name game: I propose MutableString.

Other possible name suggestions, some quite fancy, would be:

Strand, CharStrand
Token,
Bead, CharBead,
CharGroup, CharBunch,
CharLot, StringLot....

I find Strand especially useful because that lets us talk about a mutable
string in a conceptually distinct manner. Of course, its replacive role is
not immediate obvious by the name, and some might suggest that it is

better

that the new name reflects its surrogate nature wrt StringBuffer. However,

new coin may be useful in the long term. Just my 2 cents.

Ash