Sorry about the confusion, I meant MutableString, "Immutable.."
was a typo which I corrected in a subsequent email.
All along I have been responding to Stephen's intention of
creating a replacement for java.lang.StringBuffer, which is
clearly a mutable, changeable string.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ash