Stephen Colebourne wrote:

The biggest difference seems to be the lack of a
 public void save(OutputStream output, String Header)

Any particular reason why it was removed? Could it be put back?
Stephen

I don't know but it seems the first version of the save method in BasePropertiesConfiguration wasn't copied from ExtendedProperties, the code is quite different. Arrays of values are saved on the same line, coma separated, in BasePropertiesConfiguration whereas ExtendedProperties save them on multiple lines. I think we might add a flag to select the prefered format to save multiple values.

The other big difference is that ExtendedProperties extends Hashtable, so it implements java.util.Map, but Configuration doesn't. I suggested to make Configuration extend Map, this might be an additional argument to do this change.

Emmanuel Bourg