Tim Reilly wrote:
Hi Phil,

I've sent my WIP (Work in Progress) directly / off-list. Not sure if that's
bad protocol, but just wanted to send an update and get initial thoughts.
I've got lots to do still... re-integrating tests, new tests, I need to
verify something's about the implementations and the spec, etc, etc.
Refactoring... Haven't even though about the C code yet, hopefully APR has
the MAC address code.

It's better to keep discussions about the code on the list. That way we get the benefit of others' opinions (and patches :) and we all have the same ideas and information to work with. You can always attach sources to Bugzilla tickets if you want to get code out for folks to look at.

Sounds reasonable. I would like to have the option to get the Uuid object as well as the String representation. I'm starting to think about how to get something like SQLServer uniqueidentfier data type working with our DB2 database(s) but I may or may not use a SQL_BINARY

Yes. It would probably be better to return the Uuid object as well as a string representation. The frameowork will support this.

I added a maven-generated ant build.xml, which should work if
you don't like/use maven.

Ahh, Maven I've been wanting to start using it. I'm using Eclipse so Ant is
easier AFIAK at the moment, but I've been wanting to try out Mavenide. I
appreciate the build script.

It does not take long to setup and learn to use maven ;-)

Phil

-TR