[originally posted in a slightly different form on commons-dev, now
cross-posting to commons-user]

I am beginning the work of tying the selection of a specific
FTPFileEntryParser in commons-net to the output of the SYST command on that
system.  (getSystemName() is a wrapper around SYST).  The goal of this is to
enable clients of this code (such as Ant) to be able to select specific
parsers without tying themselves too closely to the internals of commons-net,
i.e., knowing the package names and class names of each of the parsers.

To that end, I would like to compile a list of SYST/getSystemName() outputs on
each of the different system types, so we can code a mapping for this.
Eventually, it may even lead to an auto-detect functionality.

I know that a default unix FTP server will return "UNIX".  Will those who use
this code on other systems be so kind as to help me fill in this table?

Commons-Net Parser Type that    Return Value
succesfully parses entries      from getSystemName()
UnixFTPEntryParser              UNIX
NTFTPEntryParser                ?
OS2FTPEntryParser               ?
EnterpriseUnixFTPEntryParser    ?