I've been playing with something that might be able to replace it, based
on project.xml's:

http://www.apache.org/~bayard/pergamum/j-c/html-j-c-new/community_jakarta-commons.html

Basically a multiproject website that is driven from the top down. Maven
probably has something similar, I was playing with ideas, XSL and CSS and
Commons project.xml's were the easiest database for me to get my hands on
to play with.

Just an idea.

Hen