Yes, maybe a year too late, but better late than never.

The whole groupID/ArtifactId thing just really came into existence. I'm not really convinced its stable yet... We are just now getting a hierarchical globalized "site" build together. Eventually, it would be nice to see these all in one place, but in terms of maven etal. its not really that important that they all be in the same directory.

Theres alot of effort on many fronts to get a more "hierarchical" group naming, but we are really waiting on Maven. In this regard, Jason really recommended not changing any of the deployment groupId, ArtifactId's until the new ASF Repository specification/Maven 2.0 gets stabilized and planned. Changing it before then is going to create massive headaches for projects using Maven.

-Mark

Ryan Hoegg wrote:
I'm probably about a year too late here, but it seems to me that all of the commons components should be in a single artifact group "jakarta-commons" instead of having so many "commons-whatever" directories in a repository. afaict, the migration to that scenario would be prohibitively painful for users, but I am curious whether anyone else would rather have things organized that way?

-- Mark Diggory Software Developer Harvard MIT Data Center http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu