On 27 Feb 2004, at 21:18, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

What are the plans for upcoming releases of commons-logging?

The reason I'm asking is that we would like to start using commons-logging in an applet environment. We plan on using the SimpleLog implementation to minimize the size of the download to the client. The current (1.0.3) release doesn't work in an untrusted applet. There is a patch that fixes this problem already in cvs though.

There are currently 8 open bugs for commons-logging in bugzilla. Two of them includes patches by yours truly (25940 and 27124). I think that 4 of the remaining bugs (26802, 25156, 26598, 27135) should also be considered for a 1.0.4 release. However I don't yet feel confident enough with the inner workings of commons-logging to make patches for them.

What are your thoughts on making a commons-logging 1.0.4 release?

we'd someone on the jakarta pmc to volunteer to act as the release manager.

- robert