On 1 Mar 2004, at 10:49, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

<snip>

I still feel bad with this automated mass relicensing, it looks too hasty to me compared to relicensings performed on others projets, Mozilla spent more than 1 year to change its license. I think there should be a thorough code review identifying all contributors and ensuring they have either signed the CLA or agreed on the relicensing.

I hope someone will hear me :)

not when you're shouting on the wrong list :)

(sorry to be sounding like a broken record but this isn't an effective place to raise issues like this.)

FWIW the issue for the ASF is legal risk. mozilla had the financial backing of a huge and wealthy corporation. they can afford to fight long and hard in the courts. the ASF is tiny and poor, backed by a small number of software developers. i'm definitely willing to cut the ASF members a lot of slack since they are accepting a level of personal risk to bring you all this open source software.

- robert