+1 from me.

Although, I'd be just as happy if you worked in an "EXPERIMENT" branch in codec proper.

In other words, I see the sandbox as a place for new projects. I know that CLI recently used the sandbox to develop a new version, but that, to me at least, is a confusing use of the sandbox.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Tim

Alex Karasulu wrote:
Hello,

I would like to request karma to the sandbox to present and document these stateful decoder/encoder interfaces along with some proof of concept
work. I'm already an Avalon committer and work on the directory project.
I could just keep this stuff in the directory project's jira but don't feel
I'm doing it justice there :-).

I have already implemented several decoders in the incubator's directory
project in the past few days using these interfaces. What I have to date looks good - such decoders chain well together using callbacks. There is flexibility and a single callback could technically handle an entire chain.
These findings I would like to document.

However others like Brett and Noel still have opinions but I think we're
close to an agreement. Perhaps through examples and use cases presented in the commons-sandbox we can reach some sort of consensus and move the code to codec proper.

Alex