Mario Ivankovits wrote:

matthew.hawthorne wrote:

Maybe we could use well-known download servers to test HTTP and FTP stuff, such as ibiblio or freshrpms.net?
The tests could download something like README.txt from a linux distro folder or something.

Yes, this is something i thought too, but i think we need read/write access (create files, dirs, set last mod time, file attributes ...)

So i think starting with configuration files to setup a local test system is a good idea, if we exactly know what we want, we could try to find a public vfs test server.
But how public should/could this server be?
Missuse as file-sharing point for some illegal material will be possible then.

I'd go back to the point about the server being rebuilt every night. I think it would at least be worth asking Infrastructure about this - they probably have a very good idea about how difficult it would be to achieve what we want, and how long it might take to set up.

--
Michael