Yes the constructors with a default configuration have been removed to promote the use of the CompositeConfiguration class instead. I still think we could have left them though ;)

I don't know why the configure(Configuration conf) method to initialize a configuration is missing but i'd support its addition to the Configuration interface. It brings the interface one step closer to the Map interface since it's basically equivalent to the Map.putAll() method.

Regarding the default configuration issue, what about putting back the contructors but this time we would perform a copy of the default properties instead of delegating to the default configuration when a key is not found.

Emmanuel Bourg

Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

Hi,

This started failing a while back:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/jakarta-turbine-stratum/gump_work/build_jakarta-turbine-stratum_jakarta-turbine-stratum.html#Output

[javac]
/data3/gump/jakarta-turbine-stratum/src/java/org/apache/stratum/component/Co
mponentLoader.java:217: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor PropertiesConfiguration
(java.lang.String,org.apache.commons.configuration.Configuration)
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration
    [javac]                 .configure(new
PropertiesConfiguration(configFile,
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] 1 error

Any there doesn't appear to be a "configure" availalbe. Was this removed?

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/configuration/src/java/org/apache/commons/configuration/PropertiesConfiguration.java

Could configuration folks work with the turbine folk to find a solution?
Thanks in advance.

regards,

Adam
--