Jörg Schaible wrote:

Oliver Heger wrote:

[snip]

I was thinking a bit about those hierarchical aspects and how to provide
access to them through the Configuration interface. My idea was to
introduce an interface like ConfigurationNode that describes a node in a
configuration tree. It could look similar to the
HierarchicalProperties.Node class. Then a method getRoot() could be
added to Configuration that returns the root node of the configuration
tree thus providing a tree like view on a configuration. (By the way,
there is already a class HierarchicalConfigurationConverter, which
provides means to convert a flat configuration into a hierarchical one.)

Just popped in my mind: What's the big difference between a Subset and a
ConfigurationNode then ? IMHO the Subset *is* the Node for
HierarchicalConfigurations ...

Regards,
Jörg

Yes, I thought of this, too. Well, a subset could also be a collection of nodes, but these can be put together as children of a new root node. The original implementation of the subset() method in HierarchicalConfiguration did exactly that.

Oliver