The prototype can be found here:
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/dbcp/xa.zip

-- Dirk

Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

I have created a prototype of a PoolingXADataSource a couple of months ago. Someone asked about implementing a XA DBCP pool and I made this prototype just to see if it was possible.
It probably needs some error handling and review of the corner cases but it's a start. Anyway I just implemented the XA api from the javadoc and not looked at the JTA specs.
Do you have some examples how a container uses a XADataSource?

-- Dirk

hammett wrote:

Hey guys!

I wonder if there is some activity on this subject around here. I already
developed something like that but I'm not very satisfied. In fact I'm having
some trouble with lot of simultaneos access in my pool implementation. I'd
like to migrate to DBCP Pool implementation (using an Avalon façade) but it
should support transactional contexts.

An ordinary pool manages:
- Creating and recycling connections

An transactional pool:
- Creating and recycling connections within same transaction
- Kills the pool instance when transaction is over

On the other hand I think ASF doesn't provide a JTA implementation (of
course geronimo guys developed something) that can be used out-of-box. There
are projects out there (GPL) like XAPool and JOTM that does the same thing,
but with a lack of test cases and with an awkward architecture/design.

What do you guys think ?

--
hammett
http://www.apache.org/~hammett/