Hi Wayne,

Excellent description and patch. The commons-dev mailing list is indeed the place to start for getting your fix applied. Now a bugzilla issue needs to be created to record the issue+patch and then I will apply your patch to DBCP.
Do you have a way to simulate the error? Threading issues are always difficult to reproduce and your solution is obviously correct but having a JUnit test is always a plus.

Thanks
Dirk

Wayne Woodfield wrote:
I'm absolutely new to open-source development and groups like this, so
forgive me if I'm not following the correct protocol, but I found and
fixed a bug in DBCP and would like to contribute my patch back to the
project.  I've created a patch file and attached it to this e-mail.  If
a comitter to commons-dbcp would please look at my patch as well as the
explanation below, that'd be great.  If you'd like me to do anything
differently next time I have a patch to offer, just let me know :-)

Wayne Woodfield