Converting mandatory dependencies to optional is a key
part of solving some of the dilemas with commons. And
yes, some solutions will be different from those we
would adopt in our day jobs.

This solution is neat and simple - if you want logging
for beanutils then add commons-logging to your
classpath, if you don't want logging then don't add
it. Perfect!

+1 from  commons committer
Stephen