I like the Major.Minor.Maintenance nomenclature where:

A Major version change can have API breakage and is for big new
features.

A Minor version change cannot have API breakage and is for smaller
incremental changes.

A Maintenance version change cannot have API breakage and is not for
feature changes, fixes only.

Thank you,
Gary

documentation