On 3 May 2004, at 22:38, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

In fact it's so horrible that I'm thinking of writing an alternative. A
simple app which takes two jars and generates an xml report of the API
differences between them (including listing binary incompatibilities)
should not be too hard.

given the experience of the last few weeks, i'd say that this now sounds almost essential. i'd be keen to help create something like this.

seems to me that it's split down the middle into:

1 a tool that finds all the classes in a jar and loads
2 a class API differ using reflection

sounds (at first glance) that this should be pretty doable.

anyone else interested in helping? (if so, i'll start a new sandbox component, if not i'll probably create a project on sourceforge.)

anyone have a better name than JarDiffer?

- robert