matthew.hawthorne wrote:
Unknown wrote:

Again, what I mean is:
 - "if I do not use it, I should not have to carry it".

But also, you are just 1 person out of many who use [lang] and [collections]. Removing the
classes that you've deemed too specific isn't fair to the people who use them.

I am talking about having themed smaller jars while keeping the big one. Who am I hurting then?

You're obviously free to create a commons-collections-paulo_gaspar-3.0.jar which contains
only the classes that you use -- so I'm confused why you think that the [collections] team
is responsibly for creating this. Am I missing something?

Am I twisting someone's arm? Am I free to make a suggestion?

Should I instead fork the code evertime I am unhappy?

For example, although I have vague memories of arguing against including Flat3Map, I
couldn't care less whether it's included in [collections] or not. I personally haven't used it,
but I may one day, and I trust Stephen's (and others') judgement about what is common
enough and what is not.

Flat3Map is a clear example. That's it.

And Stephen already offered on breaking a couple of dependencies in
collections, which (in my POV) proves his judgement's good quality.

I continue to be confused by some of the concepts that have been discussed lately, like
splitting up [collections], jar 'pruners', combo jars, etc. I think that the commons' release
process is pretty polished -- and that by promoting these alternative we may be doing
more harm than good.

Yes... if you don't document it a bit.

However, I'm aware that many others don't possess my indifference to things such as
the number of jars and the size of jar files. But, if I understand you correctly, you're
complaining about the size of javadocs now? Hmm, there's another thing that I
just don't care about -- and have a hard time understanding why anyone else would.

I am talking about being able to have too manage smaller bits of code and documentation. Maybe you just use a couple of APIs and you don't feel so overloaded... maybe you have a bigger brain...

Maybe you just have trouble understanding many things!
=;o)

Have fun, Paulo Gaspar don't