Brent Verner wrote:

After looking at [vfs], I'm not sure which parts of it would be
used to implement the key/value nature of a Configuration; maybe
only the setAttribute/getAttribute bits?

In any case, I'm gonna finish my originally planned refactoring and then we can discuss what else should be refactored before
calling this round of refactoring complete. We can always decide
to refactor the ConfigurationProvider impls to use [vfs] at a later
date if there appears to be a positive return on the effort.

Yes the idea is to use [vfs] to retrieve the configuration file, not to parse it.

Emmanuel Bourg