> I'm confused -- why shouldn't a class in [lang] have dependencies to
> other classes in [lang]?  Isn't this taking things too far??

Its part of [lang] being broad and shallow. In effect, [lang] is a loose
grouping of APIs in a similar vein. As such it should be easily broken into
many parts.

ie. a user should be able to come along and take one class (wherever
possible) and paste it into their own CVS/project.

Think of it as a single class jar file. [lang] just provides a home for it
without needing the additional jar packaging.

Stephen