I would argue the opposite - that these are crucial reasons to introduce
coupling. When code lives in one place and is shared, every client gets the
benefit of the developer base for that code. As a developer, I don't have to
keep track of classes, or other code, that I've copied for convenience, so
that I can pick up any bug fixes - I just get those fixes automatically.

--
Martin Cooper