How is UGLI different from commons-logging?  I don't want yet another
logging api to have to consider when writing my applications/components.

<begin rant>
I definitly don't want to have to implement another logging interface, and
after all the pain I've gone through attempting to grok various logging
packages, I often find myself going back to System.out.println and
System.err.println since I know they work.  Or, spinning my own logging
package that does exactly what I need and no more.   Not a great solution,
but a reaction to the complexity of what I think should be really be a very
simple (from the developer perspective) problem to solve.
<end rant>

Any thing that makes logging simple would be great.

Eric