Phil Steitz wrote:

One thing that we might want to consider, given the magnitude of the changes, is deprecating this in [lang] and moving it to [math]. That way, among other things, the (better) continued fraction implementation in [math] could be used in getFraction(double). The improved gcd and checked integer arithmetic methods in the patch might also make good additions to o.a.c.math.MathUtils.

Phil

+1 On this, Fractions and Ratios should be managed by those who are aware of the numerical issues. While I think numerical comparators like min/max can hang out in lang, I really do think higher order numerical objects such as fraction are better housed and maintained by Math folks. Chances are, if your using Fractions and Ratio's you want other Math features as well.

-Mark