On 8 Jun 2004, at 21:55, Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
Looks good.

Should we call you Mr. No-Binary-Dependencies now? ;)

i've been called much worse than that :)

i agree with stephen's general comments about dependencies and i definitely think that we've all learnt a lot about writing library code for java over the last few years.

but this is actually a reasonably big issue. tomcat depends on digester (and so beanutils and so collections) for basic parsing services. this has the potential for compatibility issues not only with user code but also with web development frameworks that use jakarta commons components. in a way, i think that this is big test for the whole concepts of jakarta commons and how we collectively respond is important.

- robert