Go for it... +1

Phil Steitz wrote:

I would like to make the following changes to the DoubleArray utilities. This is partly to make maintenance and documentation easier and to limit what we release to what we are actually using.

1. Drop FixedDoubleArray. It is not used anywhere in [math] and its implementation of addElementRolling makes it hard to correctly document what this method means at the DoubleArray level.

2. Make setInitialCapacity protected (should only be invoked by constructors)

3. Address TODO regarding "additive" expansion in ExpandableDoubleArray by adding a property, "expansionMode" with (int) values ADDITIVE_MODE and MULTIPLICATIVE_MODE determining whether expansion means adding expansionFactor elements or multiplying the size by this factor. I have written code, documenation and test cases for this.

4. Combine ExpandableDoubleArray and ContractableDoubleArray. The latter is what we use in [math] and the addElementRolling impl in ExpandableDoubleArray is dangerous (the internal array just keeps growing). Alternatively, if others feel strongly that ExpandableDoubleArray provides an important extension point, we could make this class abstract. I just don't see practical use cases for concrete instances of ExpandableDoubleArray.

Phil