In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.org writes:
>a listing.   Assuming it's implemented, it would also make sense to have FTPFi
>le
>return the type as being UNKNOWN_TYPE for these other cases.

I haven't kept up with all of the parser changes, but that's why
FTPFile.UNKNOWN_TYPE exists.  Anything that's not obviously (as determined
by the listing format) a regular file, a directory, or a symbolic link (which
could point to a directory or to a file) should be treated as unknown, but be
included in the listing (and let the client decide what to do with it).  At
least that was the original intent.

daniel