> But i have to say i dont like to add all those configuration stuff to
> the uri - maybe this might be a handy place, but adding e.g. path
> elements like those in your example might be a real pain. It might be
> really hard to construct a correct uri.

I agree. It was just an example.

> Now there could be a class e.g. GeneralFileSystemConfigBuilder with
>
> (<vfs-options name= value=>)
> setConfigValue(String scheme, String name, String value)
> (<vfs-options name= ><value></value>)
> setConfigValue(String scheme, String name, String[] values)
> (<vfs-options name= className=>)
> setConfigClass(String scheme, String name, String className)
>

> Which tries to locate the correct *FileSystemConfigBuilder, tries to
> convert the given value/class to the expected parameter and calls the
> method.
> All this can be done using reflection and a configuration mistake is
> fastly shown.
> I will implement this class if we find a consent.

Nice. Very nice.

> Now there is the problem how to connect the options to a given uri.

Ant can always call resolveFile(String name, FileSystemOptions fileSystemOptions)
to resolve files if the task or datatype has been provided with some
options.

> <vfs-copy todir="[EMAIL PROTECTED]://host/usr/local/var">
>
>     <vfs-manager ref="mymanager"/>
>
> </vfs-copy>
> Then the ant task should strip the @options1 and lookup a table to find
> the FileSystemOptions for resolvFile()

Maybe not. :)

> To do the same with the FileSystemManager - as you have said - we have
> to create a separate data structure first.
> I will have a look at it, but for now we can stick on the xml file.

The addition that I was thinking would be minor.
Keep XML configuration the way it is but add
configure(File/FileObject/InputStream) to FileSystemManager interface.

And document the syntax of the xml file that is used to configure
manager and providers.

> Might this find your acceptance?

Full acceptance with satisfaction guaranteed.

- rami